Nutrition Research 101
This is really just a few basic things to keep in mind when reading nutrition research. Future posts will go into detail on these topics.
– Don’t believe everything you hear/see/read
– One study ≠ definitive truth
– If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is
– Check to see who funded the research
– Eat food, not nutrients
– Labs ≠ real life
– Nutrition research is in a relative infancy, give it time.
If you like nutrition research and want to read more and learn more, check out these links:
Vitasearch – the newest in research summaries
Harvard School of Public Health – Nutrition Source – comprehensive, accessible, science based food information